The Greenville Area Parkinson Society (GAPS) began as a social network in the early 1990’s and became an official non-profit organization in 2012. The main goal of co-founders Patrick Sullivan and W. Stanton Smith is to offer support, education, and advocacy to the people of Greenville who are walking with this disease progression.
GAPS is a local non-medical, non-research, not-for-profit organization that offers support, education, and advocacy to people living with Parkinson’s Disease, their families, spouses, and caregivers.
Board of Directors
- W. Stanton Smith- Co-Founder, Retired Community Volunteer
- Patrick Sullivan – Co-Founder, Retired Community Volunteer
- Brian Hungerford– President, US Trust
- James Morton III – Vice President, Michelin
- William Johnston-Treasurer, Southern First Bank
- Joyce Peck- Secretary, Community Volunteer
- Rand Baughmann- Foster Victor Wealth Strategies
- Richard Toohey- Retired Community Volunteer
- Bonnie Noble Silberman- Aging Life Care Manager
- Nisha Patel- Crawford Strategies
- Bobby Barreto- Windsor Aughtry
- Ellison McCoy- Jackson Lewis, P.C.
- Blanton Phillips- Phillips Staffing
- Laryn Weaver – Executive Director
- Kamber Parker – Associate Director
- Glenn Weaver – Branding & Communications
Advisory Board of Directors
Dr. Henry Faris- Retired Physician- Woodward Medical Center
Brice Smith- Investi-net
Knox White- Mayor of Greenville
Dr. Fredy Revilla- Greenville Health System
Dr. Kathleen Woschkolup- Bon Secours Neurology
Support Provided By
Greenville Area Parkinson Society
220 N. Main Street, Suite 500
Greenville, SC 29601
The Greenville Area Parkinson Society is a registered 501(c)3 tax exempt charity organization. Tax ID # 26-4792316
990 is available for review by appointment.